Rates and Payments

Financial Hardship

If you have difficulty paying a Council rate or charge by the due date, you can apply to have a suitable payment arrangement put in place.

We will:

  • Treat all applicants with dignity and in a respectful, non-judgemental way
  • Ensure that the application process is as unobtrusive as possible
  • Treat every application confidentially and make all assessments on a case-by-case basis

For more information contact the Project Officer Finance on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) Monday to Wednesday.

You may also find the website MoneyHelp of some assistance.  MoneyHelp is a free telephone financial counselling service for Victorians who are having difficulty paying the rent or mortgage, or have recently lost (or are at risk of losing) their job or a reduction in working hours. MoneyHelp is managed by the Consumer Action Law Centre and the Victorian Government.

Text size