Planning Permits

Planning permits may be required for various land uses and all forms of development, including but not limited to vegetation removal, building works, and subdivision. Planning controls (ie zones and overlays) applied to your land will determine if a permit may be issued for these activities. In making a decision on a planning permit application, Council must consider the relevant decision guidelines in the Bass Coast Planning Scheme.

Please make contact with our Planning team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 to confirm whether you require a planning permit prior to use or development.

Amend a Planning Permit

I would like to amend my planning permit. What do I need to do?

Appealing a Planning Decision

If you disagree with Council's decision on a planning application, you can lodge an appeal with the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)

Applying for a Planning Permit

If you're thinking of planning, building, developing or renovating, you should talk to us about the proposed works

Extension to Permits

If circumstances prevent you from finalising your planning permit conditions you can apply for an extension of time.

Objecting to a Planning Permit

If you object to a proposed planning permit application you must lodge it in writing or email.

Plans required for development applications

When you submit a planning permit application for development, buildings or extensions, we require copies of certain plans to help us assess your application. The more information you can provide, the faster we can process your application.

Section 173 Agreements

A Section 173 agreement is a legal contract related to a planning permit condition and is required to be lodged and registered with Land Titles Office.

VicSmart - Fast track your permit in 10 days

VicSmart is a fast-track system to assess straightforward planning applications.

Text size