Building Permits

Building permits are required for most types of building works.

You can find out when a Building Permit is required at the Victorian Building Authority (VBA) website.

Building Permits can be obtained through a private Building Surveyor. You can search for your local Building Surveyor on the VBA website.

Asset Protection Permit

Any building works requiring a building permit must apply for an Asset Protection Permit prior to the works commencing.

New Dwellings, Additions & Alterations

Are you wanting to build, or perhaps add an addition to your home?

Decks, Verandahs, Sheds etc

Wanting to build a new deck, verandah, shed, pergola or outbuilding on your property?

Demolitions or Removals

If you are considering demolishing or removing buildings or structures on your property, you will require a building permit to do so.

Relocated dwellings

What do I need to do to relocate a dwelling or building?

Swimming Pools & Spas

Swimming pools and spas require a permit. Safety barriers such as gates and fences must comply with the Building Code of Australia.

Commercial buildings

A building permit is required to construct, extend or alter a commercial building

Places of Public Entertainment (P.O.P.E.)

Are you considering holding a public entertainment event? You may require an occupancy permit so please contact our Building team with your enquiry

Report and Consent Form

The Municipal Building Surveyor has the authority to consider and determine Rescode variations and other types of reports and consents.

Septic Tank System Permits

Permits and strict guidelines apply to the installation or alteration of septic tank systems.

Stormwater Discharge Point

If you are building or renovating, you may be required by your Building Surveyor to apply for a location for stormwater legal point of discharge. You will need to submit the form to Council and a fee does apply.

Text size